
Winter returned this week, but otherwise we've been enjoying spring here. Last Saturday exhibited brilliant blue skies, zero clouds, and warm temperatures, and the need to be outside was great. So explore we did. We went places we've been before...and discovered places we haven't. Like...Fish tacos at
Steamer's on the Seattle waterfront (eaten outdoors on the deck of course)...great fries!

Daffodils on the roof of Pike Place market. Did you know there are miniature avocados? So you buy an avocado, eat half, wrap the other half, put it in the refrigerator, discover it brown and withering a week later...the cure: mini avocados, one at a time!

Cherry trees in bloom...
and other trees not quite there yet...
The wonder of Kerry Park's view on a clear day...
and new wonders. Continue on West Highland Street past Kerry Park and see how the other half lives.

While you're at it, discover a quaint little garden...

and another park, this one extolling the virtues of the Olympics.
5 comments:
Wow, I must visit Kerry Park!
(I'm looking forward to Saturday, hopefully we'll get a clear day and we can get some beautiful shots of Mt. Baker!
Ahhh, missing Seattle. Even missing UW a little bit after seeing those cherry trees. I'm happy to be out of college, but it was fun to sit under those glorious blossoms and study on a warm spring day. Glad you got out to enjoy the sights and sun!
Beautiful pictures!! Looking forward to the rest of our long spring here.
The taco shot reminded me...is Agua Verde paddle club still open on Lake Union? Their tacos are so good. If you blog about Agua Verde I'll feel like a genius for telling you about it. Great Seattle shots.
Agua Verde is still open. I have heard about the restaurant but strangely enough have not yet eaten there even though I've rented kayaks there half a dozen times. Recently acquired a coupon on the back of a UW concert ticket. Perhaps that will be incentive.
Post a Comment