Totally off topic, but...what smells or tastes bring back a memory lying dormant in your past?
Drank a can of Coke today. . .I do this about every 3 years when something other than coffee, tea, or water beckons. I poured it into a glass and took a sip before the bubbles had dissipated, causing a fine spray on my face (hey, they say caffeine and sugar are good for the skin, right?) The spray and the taste transported me back to a grade 8 field trip to Washington, D.C. The Coke was part of a brown bag lunch eaten under the trees by the National Mall within view of the Lincoln Memorial. The rest of the sack? Ham and cheese on a thick white bun slathered with mustard, a bag of chips, an apple, and a chocolate chip cookie...the requisite school-days meal. We thought the best part of the trip was...mind you, not the amazing history contained within the District of Columbia...the comfy air-conditioned coach buses we got to ride for a day instead of the big yellow bus.
5.06.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whoa! They say caffeine and sugar are good for the skin? That's the best news I've had all week!!! :)
I second Stacey's comment. I just had a Dr. Pepper tonight before dinner and it made me feel so sick I couldn't even enjoy the delicious bbq prepared for Jake's graduation. Also, the smell of southern California when you step off the plane for conference in the middle of winter...ahhhhh...it just transports me :)
Post a Comment