12.16.2008

Party Time

A new blog just for you, BG. :)

The department holiday potluck brought an interlude from work today. I took cranberry meatballs in my recently purchased crockpot, which were seriously good and almost effortless (said effort occurred when I had to lug the whole shebang from the parking lot to the office and again from the cube farm to the conference room, but anyway). In case you are in need of a fast and painless recipe for last-minute party planning or just-showed-up-without-warning guests or just for dinner some night, here goes:

A pound of meatballs...make your own or keep painless in mind and buy them from Costco
1 16-ounce can of whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup Pinot Noir wine...I suppose any red wine would probably work
1 cup packed brown sugar
A couple teaspoons of mustard..use hot, or spicy brown, or whatever is in your fridge, which in my case was honey mustard

I doubled the recipe since I had a big bag of Costco meatballs and kept it in my crockpot on low for about 2 hours and then turned it to the keep warm setting for 2 hours. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SOUNDS yummy! Especially for a snowy day :) pJ

Brooke said...

Augh! You blogged for me and I didn't even look at it until a month later--embarrassing! Those meatballs sound yummy, and I just bought meatballs at Costco a week ago--I shall try them. Whenever Tadd has a potluck at work and I offer to to make something hot in the crockpot for him to take, he says "no thanks" for that very reason. Especially when he used to ride the bus : )