1.29.2008

Simple Dinners

Note to those of you who actually read this blog: My star reviewer had a bit of an issue with a discrepancy in the last post so the title has been changed...my apologies to any who took exception! :)

On to more important things...

Weeknight dinners...

Last night...

A couple weeks ago I hosted Friday night dinner. On the menu were Rosemary Pecans. A few snack attacks later the result was a Ziploc full of pecan crumbs and rosemary needles. As I was thinking about how to not let perfectly good crumbs go to waste I stopped at the dry cleaner on the way home and a quick dash next door to Metropolitan Market produced an organic chicken breast...got home, threw it in the oven topped with the rosemary pecan crumbs, olive oil and white wine at 400 degrees, and about 45 minutes later I was enjoying a delicously moist chicken breast with hints of rosemary and a crunchy topping.

Disclaimer for gasping calorie-counters: I ate half the chicken breast...the other half is in the refrigerator to aid in a future dinner this week...if it's anything exciting you might hear about the rosemary-pecan crusted chicken again! (I know you will all wait with baited breath...)

Tonight...

Spinach Lentil Soup courtesy of Whole Foods (I don't venture there often...probably because an excursion Sunday afternoon had me oohing and aahing for the better part of an hour...) along with a whole wheat-brie quesadila.

(For the curious wanting to know more about the above photo:

The sugar snap peas in last night's dinner also came from Whole Foods...crisp and bright green after steaming for 2 minutes.

Which leads me to a sidebar regarding dinner for one: I love being able to pick out a handful or two of veggies in the produce section. And hitting the meat counters and finding one chicken breast in a package...

Salad is usually a blend of greens, grape tomatoes, shredded carrots, or whatever other vegetable or fruit happens to reside in my fridge at the moment...probably topped with balsamic vinaigrette.)

No comments: